ONE Championship has officially confirmed the entire lineup for ONE 161: Petchmorakot vs. Tawanchai, with a World Title fight and a Kickboxing World Grand Prix headlining the action.
Four different sports are featured on the 12-bout card, which will air live from the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Thursday, September 29.
However, Tawanchai has quickly established himself as the top contender with three knockouts in three promotional victories, including a highlight-reel finish of #1-ranked bantamweight Saemapetch Fairtex.
This is a matchup that fans have clamored for since the PK.Saenchai Muaythaigym representative first signed with ONE, and he’s expected to be Petchmorakot’s most difficult challenger yet.
In the co-main events, the ONE Heavyweight Kickboxing World Grand Prix semifinals will pit four of the planet’s scariest strikers against each other.
Reigning ONE Light Heavyweight Kickboxing World Champion Roman Kryklia moves up a division to go after the tournament’s silver belt, and surging Brazilian Guto Inocente is the man standing in his way.
The Ukrainian has amassed a perfect 3-0 slate in ONE – and is riding an 11-fight winning streak overall – but he’ll get tested by the hard-hitting Inocente, who is 2-0 with back-to-back stoppages wins inside the Circle.
Three more crucial bouts round off the main card, with massive implications for their respective divisions.
Zhang Lipeng and #5 contender Saygid Izagakhmaev will square off in a lightweight MMA clash, and with no obvious next challenger for Christian Lee’s gold, either man could elbow their way into contention with a statement victory.
Two-time ONE Women’s Strawweight World Title challenger Tiffany Teo drops down a division with hopes of making another run toward the top, and she’ll be met by ONE Women’s Atomweight World Grand Prix runner-up Ritu Phogat.
Opening the main card, recent ONE Flyweight World Title challenger and current #3 contender Yuya Wakamatsu aims to get back on track against Wang Shuo after coming up short against former divisional king Adriano Moraes.
Capitan dethroned the Russian with a KO last year, but #4-ranked Ramazanov now gets his chance for redemption in Muay Thai, which is the more familiar rule set for both men.
In MMA, “Reug Reug” Oumar Kane faces Batradz Gazzaev and Matheus Felipe goes up against Ali Foladi at heavyweight and middleweight, respectively, while Rodrigo Marello and Ruslan Bagdasarian battle in a bantamweight submission grappling match.
Take a look at the full card for ONE 161 below:
Main Card For ONE 161: Petchmorakot Vs. Tawanchai
- (c) Petchmorakot Petchyindee vs. Tawanchai PK.Saenchai (ONE Featherweight Muay Thai World Title)
- Roman Kryklia vs. Guto Inocente (Heavyweight World Grand Prix semifinal)
- Iraj Azizpour vs. Bruno Chaves (Heavyweight World Grand Prix semifinal)
- Zhang Lipeng vs. Saygid Izagakhmaev (MMA – lightweight)
- Ritu Phogat vs. Tiffany Teo (MMA – women’s atomweight)
- Yuya Wakamatsu vs. Wang Shuo (MMA – flyweight)
Lead Card For ONE 161: Petchmorakot Vs. Tawanchai
- Capitan Petchyindee vs. Alaverdi Ramazanov (Muay Thai – bantamweight)
- Sangmanee PK.Saenchai vs. Zhang Chenglong (Muay Thai – bantamweight)
- Oumar Kane vs. Batradz Gazzaev (MMA – heavyweight)
- Ferrari Fairtex vs. Han Zi Hao (Muay Thai – bantamweight)
- Rodrigo Marello vs. Ruslan Bagdasarian (submission grappling – bantamweight)
- Matheus Felipe vs. Ali Foladi (MMA – middleweight)