Zebaztian “The Bandit” Kadestam and Regian “The Immortal” Eersel will return to the Circle to defend their respective belts when ONE Championship heads back to Jakarta, Indonesia on Friday, 25 October.
At ONE: DAWN OF VALOR, Kadestam will defend the ONE Welterweight World Championship against Kiamrian Abbasov in the main event, and Eersel will defend the ONE Lightweight Kickboxing World Championship against his old rival Nieky “The Natural” Holzken in the co-main event.
Those match-ups will top the bill of a stacked card that will also feature dozens more elite martial artists, including a slew of local heroes and an assortment of high-profile newcomers to the global stage.
The headline attraction will see the return of Kadestam, the knockout artist from Sweden who has earned all four of his wins in The Home Of Martial Arts by knockout.
He is coming off a second-round TKO of Georgiy “Knight” Kichigin in March, which snapped his challenger’s 14-bout winning streak.
Abbasov earned his shot at the gold with a pair of stunning back-to-back finishes. The Kyrgyz athlete defeated Malaysian sensation Agilan “Alligator” Thani by first-round submission last December, and then he knocked out Japanese mixed martial arts legend Yushin “Thunder” Okami in May.
The co-feature will see two elite Dutch kickboxers renew their rivalry following their five-round battle in May.
At ONE: ENTER THE DRAGON, Eersel scored a late knockdown thanks to a flying knee to seal a unanimous decision after he went back and forth with his compatriot for 15 minutes.
Holzken had no complaints about the judges’ decision, but he was never out of the contest – even after he was knocked down. The multiple-time World Champion is confident the result will be much different the second time around.
- The Man Behind Zebaztian Kadestam’s World Championship Success
- Martial Arts Made Kiamrian Abbasov Into A Man
- Nieky Holzken Hopes Martial Arts Can Inspire Family To Greatness
In addition to those two World Title bouts, 10 matches have been confirmed for the undercard including the ONE debut of John “Hands Of Stone” Lineker, who faces Muin “Tajik” Gafurov in a mixed martial arts bantamweight showdown.
Also, Johnny Nunez makes his first promotional appearance against former Pancrase Lightweight World Champion Kazuki Tokudome in a mixed martial arts lightweight encounter.
All the confirmed bouts so far are listed below.
- Zebaztian Kadestam vs. Kiamrian Abbasov (ONE Welterweight World Championship)
- Regian Eersel vs. Nieky Holzken (ONE Lightweight Kickboxing World Championship)
- John Lineker vs. Muin Gafurov (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
- Amarsanaa Tsogookhuu vs. Antonio Caruso (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
- Mark Fairtex Abelardo vs. Ayideng Jumayi (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
- Johnny Nunez vs. Kazuki Tokudome (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
- Eko Roni Saputra vs. Kaji Ebin (mixed martial arts – flyweight)
- Priscilla Hertati Lumban Gaol vs. Bozhena Antoniyar (mixed martial arts – women’s atomweight)
- Rudy Agustian vs. Abro Fernandes (mixed martial arts – flyweight)
- Egi Rozten vs. Elipitua Siregar (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Adi Paryanto vs. Angelo Bimoadji (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Adrian Mattheis vs. Stefer Rahardian (mixed martial arts – strawweight)