Two new ONE Super Series World Champions will be crowned at ONE Championship’s final event of the year in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
When the Circle returns to the Axiata Arena on Friday, 6 December for ONE: MARK OF GREATNESS, a pair of kickboxing bouts with gold on the line will top a bill that is stacked with local talent, as well as some of the brightest martial arts stars from across the globe.
Each of these young warriors is coming off sensational finishes – most recently Ramazanov, who obliterated Lion Fight Muay Thai World Champion Ognjen Topic in the first round of their August clash.
That was the latest in a series of impressive performances – including the fastest knockout in ONE Super Series history last November – that has made the 24-year-old one of the hottest properties in martial arts.
The three-time IFMA Muay Thai World Champion’s upcoming opponent has a perfect 3-0 record since he joined The Home Of Martial Arts earlier this year.
The 21-year-old from Shenzen earned a split decision victory against Kong Sambo in his promotional debut back in February, then scored a remarkable comeback win against Panicos Yusuf in May, and then delivered a brilliant first-round finish of Tyler Hardcastle in June.
Zhang is already a Top King Muay Thai World Champion, and he will aim to add the biggest prize in martial arts to his résumé in the Malaysian capital.
Before that, the first five-round bout of the night will feature a Thai legend who will aim to strike gold in a new sport.
In his last match in October, he dropped down to his natural weight class and scored an incredible highlight-reel knockout at ONE: CENTURY in Tokyo, Japan. That victory earned him the right to challenge for the inaugural ONE Strawweight Kickboxing World Title.
He will face “Golden Boy” Wang Junguang, the Enfusion World Champion who made a stunning debut on the global stage last month with a quick knockout of Federico Roma in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The confirmed bouts for ONE: MARK OF GREATNESS so far are listed below.
- Alaverdi Ramazanov vs. Zhang Chenglong (ONE Bantamweight Kickboxing World Championship)
- Sam-A Gaiyanghadao vs. Wang Junguang (ONE Strawweight Kickboxing World Championship)
- Jihin Radzuan vs. Denice Zamboanga (mixed martial arts – women’s atomweight)
- Agilan Thani vs. Mohammad Karaki (mixed martial arts – welterweight)
- Gurdarshan Mangat vs. Reece McLaren (mixed martial arts – flyweight)
- Ryuto Sawada vs. Bokang Masunyane (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Andre Stoica vs. Anderson Silva (ONE Super Series kickboxing – light heavyweight)
- Muhammad Aiman vs. Chen Rui (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
- Tial Thang vs. Kim Woon Kyoum (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
- Yoon Chang Min vs. Fabio Pinca (mixed martial arts – featherweight)
- Rui Botelho vs. Taiki Naito (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – flyweight)
- Savannah Em vs. Rayane Bastos (mixed martial arts – women’s flyweight)