The card for ONE: EDGE OF GREATNESS just got a little bit greater.
In addition to the eight matches previously announced for ONE Championship’s final Singapore event of the year on Friday, 22 November, four more exciting bouts have been confirmed.
Two-time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu No-Gi World Champion Bruno Pucci returns to mixed martial arts competition inside the Singapore Indoor Stadium, but this time, it is under different circumstances.
The Brazilian normally competes in the featherweight division, but he will move down a weight class to meet Japan’s Shuya “Stealth” Kamikubo.
“Puccibull” is currently riding a two-bout win streak, having earned first-round submission victories against Chinese rising star Xie Chao and former ONE Lightweight World Champion Kotetsu “No Face” Boku.
He will have his work cut out for him in Kamikubo, a dominant grappler who is riding an incredible six-bout win streak.
Also, a pair of hard-hitting ONE Super Series Muay Thai contests have been added to the bill.
Brown, who hails from the Netherlands, is a 27-year-old striker best remembered for his stunning knockout of Yohann Fairtex Drai in November 2018.
In the second round of their contest, he uncorked a surprising spinning back elbow to knock out the Frenchman and seal his first victory in ONE Super Series.
He will meet Nolan, who most recently faced Bangpleenoi Petchyindee Academy in September and engaged in one of the most exciting ONE Super Series battles of 2019’s third quarter.
Vietnam’s Duy Nhat made his grand premiere at the promotion’s inaugural Ho Chi Minh City event back in September, and he gave the home crowd a show to remember.
“No.1” battered Malaysia’s Azwan Che Wil all throughout their contest, and his crushing overhand right earned him a third-round knockout with just 15 seconds to spare.
He goes up against a Japanese veteran in Watanabe, who is extra motivated to get his first victory in ONE Super Series.
View this post on Instagram
I am SO HAPPY to finally announce that I signed with @onechampionship and get to make my promotional debut on November 22nd in Singapore for ONE- EDGE OF GREATNESS! So many incredible things are in store and this is only the beginning! So stay tuned! ???? #3weeks #Singapore #ONEChampionship #WEAREONE #EdgeofGreatness #TreigningLab #TreigningLabStrong #TreignTogether #ReignTogether
Finally, ONE: EDGE OF GREATNESS will mark the promotional debut of Colbey Northcutt.
Like her brother “Super” Sage Northcutt, she is a Karate World Champion who has made the transition to mixed martial arts.
She will face Indonesian Muay Thai and karate specialist Putri Padmi in a women’s flyweight tilt.
Here is the confirmed lineup of bouts for the event so far.
- Nong-O Gaiyanghadao vs. Saemapetch Fairtex (ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai World Title)
- Amir Khan vs. Ev Ting (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
- Maira Mazar vs. Tiffany Teo (mixed martial arts – women’s strawweight)
- Alex Silva vs. Peng Xue Wen (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke vs. Muhammad Imran (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Troy Worthen vs. Chen Lei (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
- Rahul Raju vs. Ahmed Mujtaba (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
- Bruno Pucci vs. Shuya Kamikubo (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
- Colbey Northcutt vs Putri Padmi (mixed martial arts – women’s flyweight)
- Petchmorakot Petchyindee Academy vs. Charlie Peters (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – featherweight)
- Brown Pinas vs. Liam Nolan (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – featherweight)
- Nguyen Tran Duy Nhat vs. Yuta Watanabe (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – flyweight)