A pair of World Title bouts will headline ONE Championship’s return to “The Lion City.”
On Friday, 28 February, the world’s largest martial arts organization goes back home to the Singapore Indoor Stadium with ONE: KING OF THE JUNGLE.
In the main event, two-sport ONE World Champion Stamp Fairtex will defend her ONE Atomweight Kickboxing World Title against her old foe, Janet “JT” Todd, in a rematch of their epic clash from just a year ago.
Also, ONE Strawweight Kickboxing World Champion Sam-A Gaiyanghadao will meet Rocky Ogden for the inaugural ONE Strawweight Muay Thai World Title in the night’s co-main event.
Ever since making her debut in The Home Of Martial Arts, Stamp has been invincible.
The Thai superstar captured the ONE Atomweight Kickboxing World Championship from “Killer Bee” Chuang Kai Ting in her first promotional appearance in October 2018.
Then, she defeated Todd in a thrilling back-and-forth affair to claim the inaugural ONE Atomweight Muay Thai World Title and become the first two-sport ONE World Champion.
Following a successful defense, as well as three consecutive dominant performances in mixed martial arts competition, the 22-year-old Pattaya native switches back to kickboxing for her next outing on the global stage.
- ONE Flyweight World Title Bout Announced For ONE: REIGN OF DYNASTIES
- Stamp Admits Improvements Needed To Face Angela Lee
- Top 5 Highlights From ONE: A NEW TOMORROW
Although Todd fell short of claiming the crown in her initial encounter with Stamp, she earned her way back to contendership on the strength of three remarkable showings.
The American’s road back to the World Title picture started in the kickboxing realm. First, she got a second-round TKO victory over Chinese striker Wang Chin Long in May, and then she followed that up by defeating Chuang via majority decision in July.
Now, she meets Stamp again – except this time, the bout will take place for the gold under the kickboxing rule set.
Also, in the co-main event, ONE Strawweight Kickboxing World Champion Sam-A Gaiyanghadao looks to win another belt in the same weight class.
The 36-year-old Thai legend originally captured the inaugural ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Title with a crushing fourth-round knockout of Sergio “Samurai” Wielzen in May 2018.
Though he lost the crown a year later, the veteran switched to a new sport, moved down a weight class, and defeated “Golden Boy” Wang Junguang for the inaugural ONE Strawweight Kickboxing World Championship in December.
Now he challenges for another belt, but this time, it is in his favorite martial arts discipline and his natural weight class. However, in order to become a two-sport ONE World Champion in his division, he will need to defeat Ogden.
Ogden is a Muay Thai prodigy who trains out of Boonchu Gym in Queensland, Australia under the watchful eye of legendary striker John Wayne Parr.
The Aussie is a WPMF Bantamweight World Champion who has spent years competing in Bangkok’s stadium circuit. Now, with a 36-5-1 record, he brings his elite skills to the global stage.
Here is the list of confirmed bouts for ONE: KING OF THE JUNGLE.
- Stamp Fairtex vs. Janet Todd (ONE Atomweight Kickboxing World Title)
- Sam-A Gaiyanghadao vs. Rocky Ogden (ONE Strawweight Muay Thai World Title)
- Amir Khan vs. Kimihiro Eto (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
- Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Sherif Mohamed (mixed martial arts – welterweight)
- Mei Yamaguchi vs. Meng Bo (mixed martial arts – women’s atomweight)
- Troy Worthen vs. Mark Fairtex Abelardo (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
- Honorio Banario vs. Shannon Wiratchai (mixed martial arts – featherweight)
- Tiffany Teo vs. Ayaka Miura (mixed martial arts – women’s strawweight)
- Ritu Phogat vs. Wu Chiao Chen (mixed martial arts – women’s atomweight)
- Hiroki Akimoto vs. Azwan Che Wil (ONE Super Series kickboxing – bantamweight)
- Adrian Mattheis vs. Hexigetu (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Radeem Rahman vs. Jeff Chan (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
Read more: How Stamp And Rodtang Began Their Romance