Full Card For ONE: ONLY THE BRAVE On 28 January
But before that titanic matchup goes down at ONE: ONLY THE BRAVE in Singapore on 28 January, the global fan base will be treated to 11 fiery bouts that are guaranteed to get the night started on the right foot.
Kim is coming off a pair of stellar performances, having defeated Japanese veteran Tetsuya “MMA Fantasista” Yamada via second-round TKO and former ONE Featherweight World Champion Martin “The Situ-Asian” Nguyen via first-round knockout.
This dominance has earned the South Korean phenom a future title shot at Thanh Le’s ONE Featherweight World Championship.
But instead of waiting, Kim wants to remain active – and because of that, he gambles his golden opportunity and spot in the rankings against one of the division’s most dangerous competitors.
Tang has established himself as a true force in the weight class. The Chinese knockout artist is riding an eight-bout winning streak, which includes massive victories over blue-chip talent “The Big Heart” Yoon Chang Min, well-respected veteran Ryogo Takahashi, and Southeast Asian sensation Keanu Subba.
If Kim beats Tang, he will further solidify his position and guarantee his date with destiny. However, if the Chinese star emerges victorious, he will snatch away the title shot and top-ranked spot from “The Fighting God.”
Aside from featherweight mixed martial arts action, the show will also feature the ONE Featherweight Kickboxing World Grand Prix semifinals – and each matchup is coincidentally a trilogy bout.
Top-ranked featherweight kickboxing contender Marat Grigorian will look to showcase his dominance against #4-ranked Chingiz “Chinga” Allazov and pull ahead in their heated series. But the Azerbaijan native looks to even the score 1-1-1 and move into the tournament finale.
Meanwhile, #3-ranked Sitthichai “Killer Kid” Sitsongpeenong will look to make it a clean sweep and go 3-0 against Davit Kiria. However, the Georgian slugger would love to get one back against the Thai dynamo and move into the ONE Featherweight Kickboxing World Grand Prix Championship Final.
In addition to those exciting battles, several of ONE Championship’s most beloved heroes will make their returns.
American star Jarred “The Monkey God” Brooks, heavyweight kickboxing bruiser Rade Opacic, former welterweight king Zebaztian “The Bandit” Kadestam, and explosive featherweight strikers Smokin’ Jo Nattawut and Dovydas “Rimkenzo” Rimkus are all scheduled for action.
Take a look at the full lineup for ONE: ONLY THE BRAVE below.
Main Card For ONE: ONLY THE BRAVE
- Anatoly Malykhin vs. Kirill Grishenko (ONE Interim Heavyweight World Title)
- Tang Kai vs. Kim Jae Woong (mixed martial arts – featherweight)
- Marat Grigorian vs. Chingiz Allazov (Kickboxing World Grand Prix semifinal)
- Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong vs. Davit Kiria (Kickboxing World Grand Prix semifinal)
- Ruslan Emilbek Uulu vs. Zhang Lipeng (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
- Rade Opacic vs. Françesko Xhaja (kickboxing – heavyweight)
Lead Card For ONE: ONLY THE BRAVE
- Hiroba Minowa vs. Jarred Brooks (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Smokin’ Jo Nattawut vs. Dovydas Rimkus (Kickboxing World Grand Prix semifinal alternate)
- Tatsumitsu Wada vs. Wang Shuo (mixed martial arts – flyweight)
- Hiroyuki Tetsuka vs. Zebaztian Kadestam (mixed martial arts – welterweight)
- Anderson Silva vs. Paul Elliott (mixed martial arts – light heavyweight)
- Diandra Martin vs. Smilla Sundell (Muay Thai – catchweight of 58 kilograms)