A World Title doubleheader will now headline ONE Championship’s live card at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Friday, August 26.
After previously announcing that Thanh Le will defend his featherweight belt against Tang Kai, the promotion revealed Tuesday that ONE Lightweight World Champion Ok Rae Yoon will put his gold on the line against old foe and #1 contender Christian “The Warrior” Lee in the main event of ONE 160.
Ok orginally challenged Lee for the lightweight MMA belt at ONE: REVOLUTION last September.
After five rounds of back-and-forth action, the South Korean dethroned the longtime divisional king, although Lee was adament that he deserved to earn the decision victory.
Now, the Singaporean-American superstar will get his crack at redemption in a highly anticipated rematch.
Superlek earned his way into this stage of the tourney by defeating #4-ranked flyweight kickboxer Taiki “Silent Sniper” Naito with a dominant unanimous decision.
Meanwhile, Brazilian bruiser Goncalves shocked Josue “Tuzo” Cruz with a 35-second knockout in the quarterfinals.
The winner of this alternate bout could find their way into the main bracket if any competitor is forced to withdraw.
This will be Lapicus’ first fight at welterweight, and he’ll be looking to make a statement against one of the division’s longtime stars.
On the other side, Kadestam will aim to make it two consecutive wins after beating Valmir “Junior” da Silva earlier this year.
The Thai duo met last November, with promotional newcomer Rittewada scoring a second-round TKO to etch his name in the top-five rankings.
Check out the full main card and lead card for ONE 160 on August 26 below.
Main Card for ONE 160: Ok vs. Lee II
- Ok Rae Yoon vs. Christian Lee (ONE Lightweight World Championship)
- Thanh Le vs. Tang Kai (ONE Featherweight World Championship)
- Superlek Kiatmoo9 vs. Walter Goncalves (ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Grand Prix semifinal)
- Panpayak Jitmuangnon vs. Sherzod Kabutov (ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Grand Prix alternate bout)
- Zebaztian Kadestam vs. Iuri Lapicus (MMA – welterweight)
- Rittewada Petchyindee vs. Saemapetch Fairtex (Muay Thai – bantamweight)
Lead Card for ONE 160: Ok vs. Lee II
- Paul Elliott vs. Martin Batur (MMA – heavyweight)
- Amir Khan vs. Keanu Subba (MMA – featherweight)
- Thales Nakassu vs. Kantharaj Agasa (MMA – flyweight)
- Valdir Rodrigues vs. Renato Canuto (submission grappling – lightweight)