The stars of ONE Championship are getting ready for a revolution.
On Friday, 24 September, the world’s largest martial arts organization will broadcast ONE: REVOLUTION live across the globe, and a trio of massive World Title bouts will headline the bill.
Also on the card, ONE Bantamweight Kickboxing World Champion Capitan Petchyindee Academy will defend his crown against French-Algerian veteran Mehdi “Diamond Heart” Zatout, and ONE Strawweight World Champion Joshua “The Passion” Pacio will defend his gold in a trilogy match against #1-ranked Yosuke “The Ninja” Saruta.
Ever since defeating Japanese legend Shinya “Tobikan Judan” Aoki for the belt in May 2019, Lee has been establishing himself as the most dominant lightweight in promotional history.
“The Warrior” has successfully defended the strap twice, earning consecutive first-round knockout victories. Along the way, he beat #1-ranked Saygid “Dagi” Guseyn Arslanaliev to win the ONE Lightweight World Grand Prix Championship.
Should he defeat Ok on 24 September, Lee would break his tie with Aoki for the most ONE Lightweight World Title defenses in history, and he would hold a victory over every top-five ranked contender in the division.
- Xiong Turning ‘Fear Into Motivation’ Against Dangerous Nicolini
- All-Around Sporting Talent Jenelyn Olsim Found Her Calling In MMA
- 5 Incredible Performances From The Stars Of ONE: BATTLEGROUND III
But Ok doesn’t intend to let “The Warrior” clean out the weight class.
The South Korean phenom has impressed since joining the world’s largest martial arts organization, beating former ONE Featherweight World Champion Marat “Cobra” Gafurov and four-time MMA Lightweight World Champion Eddie “The Underground King” Alvarez in back-to-back outings during April.
Now, he hopes to record a third straight victory over a World Champion – and if he does, he’ll become the new lightweight king of the world.
Meanwhile, newly crowned Capitan will look to extend his ONE Bantamweight Kickboxing World Title reign.
In September 2020, the Thai dynamo shocked the world when he knocked out highly touted kickboxing legend Petchtanong Petchfergus in six seconds, which set the record for the fastest KO in ONE Super Series history.
Now, the Petchyindee Academy standout must defend his belt against Ramazanov’s coach, Zatout, who is riding a two-bout winning streak and wants to earn some redemption for his Dagestani student.
Finally, Pacio will get his wish at ONE: REVOLUTION.
The Filipino has wanted to settle some unfinished business with Saruta, and their trilogy fight will cement one of them as the best strawweight mixed martial artist on the planet, as well as the true ruler of the division.
When the pair originally met in January 2019, the Japanese combatant did just enough to earn a split-decision victory and the ONE Strawweight World Title.
But when they rematched three months later, Pacio knocked out “The Ninja” in the fourth round with a knee to the head and reclaimed the belt.
Since that night in April 2019, each man has looked invincible. And on 24 September, they will settle their rivalry once and for all.
In addition to those three World Title bouts, the main card of ONE: REVOLUTION will also feature the returns of former two-division king Martin “The Situ-Asian” Nguyen, teenage phenom Victoria “The Prodigy” Lee, unbeaten Russian powerhouse Anatoly “Spartak” Malykhin, and Iranian sensation Amir Aliakbari.
Also, the lead card will feature the returns of former ONE Flyweight Kickboxing World Champion “The Baby Shark” Petchdam Petchyindee Academy and Team Lakay star Lito “Thunder Kid” Adiwang, as well as the long-awaited MMA debut of 13-time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu World Champion Marcus “Buchecha” Almeida.
Take a look at the full lineup below.
Main Card For ONE: REVOLUTION
- (c) Christian Lee vs. Ok Rae Yoon (ONE Lightweight World Title)
- (c) Capitan vs. Mehdi Zatout (ONE Bantamweight Kickboxing World Title)
- (c) Joshua Pacio vs. Yosuke Saruta (ONE Strawweight World Title)
- Martin Nguyen vs. Kim Jae Woong (featherweight – mixed martial arts)
- Amir Aliakbari vs. Anatoly Malykhin (heavyweight – mixed martial arts)
- Victoria Lee vs. Victoria Souza (atomweight – mixed martial arts)
Lead Card For ONE: REVOLUTION
- Lito Adiwang vs. Hexigetu (strawweight – mixed martial arts)
- Petchdam vs. Taiki Naito (flyweight – Muay Thai)
- Marcus Almeida vs. Thomas Narmo (heavyweight – mixed martial arts)
- Petchtanong Petchfergus vs. Zhang Chenglong (bantamweight – kickboxing)
- James Yang vs. Roel Rosauro (featherweight – mixed martial arts)