More than a dozen additional ONE Super Series athletes have signed on the dotted line to compete at The Home Of Martial Arts’ inaugural show in Ho Chi Minh City.
ONE Championship will make its first trip to Vietnam on Friday, 6 September, and the bout card will be stacked with top-class Muay Thai practitioners and kickboxers.
The competitors that are set for action include national heroes and World Champions – some who are familiar faces to the promotion’s global fanbase, and others who will compete in the world’s largest martial arts organization for the first time.
Nguyen was born in Vietnam, and she will compete in her homeland for the first time on 6 September. “Killer Bee” is best known as a mixed martial artist, but she began her combat sports career in “the art of eight limbs,” so she will be comfortable as part of the ONE Super Series roster.
Her opponent has also experienced success in the Circle this year under mixed martial arts rules, but the Muzaffarnagar resident is also a national wushu champion with a 67-5 record in the sport, so she will feel right at home in a stand-up battle.
At the other end of the ONE Super Series scale, giants will collide in a light heavyweight kickboxing clash.
In one corner, Anderson “Braddock” Silva will return to action. The Brazilian veteran authored one of the best knockouts of the year in his ONE debut, and then he took part in one of the most exciting contests of 2019 in his second appearance.
His third outing in The Home Of Martial Arts is also likely to deliver fireworks, as he meets one of the top stars from the new generation of strikers – WMC World Champion Beybulat Isaev from Russia.
ONE: IMMORTAL TRIUMPH will feature Nong-O Gaiyanghadao‘s second defense of his ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai World Title against Brice “The Truck” Delval in the main event. It will also feature a thrilling co-main event showdown between Saemapetch Fairtex and Rafi Bohic.
The full slate of newly-announced bouts is listed below.
- Kulabdam Sor. Jor. Piek Uthai vs. Bobo Sacko (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – bantamweight)
- Santino Verbeek vs. Juan Cervantes (ONE Super Series kickboxing – welterweight)
- Beybulat Isaev vs. Anderson Silva (ONE Super Series kickboxing – light heavyweight)
- Singtongnoi Por Telakun vs. Kohei “Momotaro” Kodera (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – flyweight)
- Mongkolpetch Petchyindee Academy vs. Joseph Lasiri (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – flyweight)
- Bi Nguyen vs. Puja Tomar (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – women’s atomweight)
- Chris Nguyen vs. Yukinori Ogasawara (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – flyweight)