Nong-O Vs. Brice Delval Headlines ONE’s First Vietnam Show On 6 September
ONE Championship is coming to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam for the first time with its first-ever all-ONE Super Series card, which includes a phenomenal main event.
On Friday, 6 September, ONE: IMMORTAL TRIUMPH will see ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai World Champion Nong-O Gaiyanghadao welcome his latest challenger to The Home Of Martial Arts – Brice “The Truck” Delval.
Nong-O has looked imperious since he arrived on the global stage in April 2018.
The Thai hero has put together a perfect 4-0 slate in ONE Super Series, which improved the Evolve representative’s record to 259-54-1 overall.
Most recently, he soundly defeated Japan’s Hiroaki Suzuki by unanimous decision win in his first World Title defense back in May.
For his second ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai World Title defense, he meets a rising star in Delval.
The 20-year-old from France trains alongside fellow ONE hero Elias “The Sniper” Mahmoudi at Mahmoudi Gym in Bonneuil-sur-Marne.
He is an S1 World Champion who has competed all across the globe, and now, he looks to claim the biggest prize of his career.
In the co-main event, one of the most successful and entertaining strikers in ONE Super Series will return for his toughest test yet in The Home Of Martial Arts.
Saemapetch Fairtex has thrilled Muay Thai fans around the world in a trio of contests that have delivered pulsating action throughout all three rounds.
The MTGP Muay Thai World Champion’s most recent success came in April when he went toe-to-toe with Ognjen Topic and emerged with a well-deserved unanimous decision to improve his pro record to 120-15-1.
His opponent in this bantamweight encounter will be Rafi Bohic, who is regarded as one of the most exciting farang competitors on the Thai stadium circuit, and he has won arguably the sport’s most prestigious prize – the Lumpinee Stadium World Title.
The Frenchman is also known as a knockout artist, so fans can expect fireworks when he meets Saemapetch in Vietnam.
Vietnamese martial arts will also be well-represented in the world’s largest martial arts organization’s first trip to Ho Chi Minh City.
Nguyen Tran Duy Nhat will take on Azwan Che Wil, and Nguyen Thanh Tung will meet Shahzaib Rindh in Vietnamese Super Series bouts.
See below for the list of confirmed match-ups for ONE: IMMORTAL TRIUMPH. The full card will be released in the coming weeks.
- Nong-O Gaiyanghadao vs. Brice Delval (ONE Super Series Bantamweight Muay Thai World Championship)
- Saemapetch Fairtex vs. Rafi Bohic (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – bantamweight)
- Thanonchai SomawangGaiyang vs. Kohei “Momotaro” Kodera (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – flyweight)
- Amber Kitchen vs. Viktoria Lipianska (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – women’s strawweight)
- Panpayak Jitmuangnon vs. Masahide Kudo (ONE Super Series kickboxing – flyweight)
- Michael Pham vs. Mohamad Fakri Bin Yusoff (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – featherweight)
- Nguyen Tran Duy Nhat vs. Azwan Che Wil (Vietnamese Super Series – flyweight)
- Nguyen Thanh Tung vs. Shahzaib Rindh (Vietnamese Super Series – featherweight)