A pair of ONE Women’s Atomweight World Grand Prix semifinal bouts will now headline the promotion’s upcoming card, ONE: NEXTGEN, at the Singapore Indoor Stadium this Friday, 29 October.
Phogat was originally slated to face Itsuki “Android 18” Hirata, but an undisclosed medical issue has forced the unbeaten Japanese judoka to withdraw from the contest.
The two winners of the tournament semifinal bouts will meet in the ONE Women’s Atomweight World Grand Prix Championship Final, which goes down later this year.
Also, the first-ever ONE Heavyweight Kickboxing World Title fight will have to wait a little bit longer.
But like the aforementioned Hirata, Kryklia has been forced to withdraw from the colossal showdown due to an undisclosed medical issue.
Azizpour will remain on the card, but now he will make his promotional debut against Brazilian knockout artist Anderson “Braddock” Silva in a ONE Super Series heavyweight kickboxing tilt.
Take a look at the revised lineup for ONE: NEXTGEN below.
Full Card For ONE: NEXTGEN
- Stamp Fairtex vs. Julie Mezabarba (Women’s Atomweight World GP Semifinal)
- Ritu Phogat vs. Jenelyn Olsim (Women’s Atomweight World GP Semifinal)
- Iraj Azizpour vs. Anderson Silva (heavyweight – kickboxing)
- Kirill Grishenko vs. Dustin Joynson (heavyweight – mixed martial arts)
- Miao Li Tao vs. Jeremy Miado (strawweight – mixed martial arts)
- Beybulat Isaev vs. Bogdan Stoica (light heavyweight – kickboxing)