The full lineup for ONE 163: Akimoto vs. Petchtanong is now officially confirmed, with a World Title fight and a World Grand Prix Championship Final topping the card on Saturday, November 19.
While two belts will be handed out in kickboxing, there’s plenty to pique the interest of all combat sports fans, with four different disciplines on display and weight classes ranging from atomweight to heavyweight.
Japanese star Akimoto claimed the gold with a dominant performance against Capitan Petchyindee in his last outing, capping a five-fight winning streak and improving his overall record to 26-1.
On the other side, former WMC Muay Thai World Champion Petchtanong earned his shot at the belt with an impressive victory over Zhang Chenglong in September.
This is the third head-to-head meeting between the pair, who are tied 1-1 after two hard-fought battles in 2018 and 2019.
Since then, both men have been on a tear in ONE. Kryklia has gone 4-0, winning the ONE Light Heavyweight World Title and successfully defending it twice, while Azizpour has posted a 3-0 slate in the organization.
Now, both strikers will look to claim the tournament’s prestigious silver belt and position themselves as the top contender in the division.
The rest of the main card has a distinctly Japanese flavor, with the remaining four bouts featuring some of the nation’s top MMA stars.
Former ONE Lightweight World Champion and current #5 contender Shinya Aoki will put his legendary submission skills up against the dominant wrestling of Russian phenom and current #4 contender Saygid Izagakhmaev. It’s a chance for Izagakhmaev to continue his charge toward the belt with his first win over a ranked opponent.
Itsuki Hirata and Ham Seo Hee will clash for a likely shot at the ONE Women’s Atomweight World Title. Ham is unbeaten inside the Circle, and her #2 ranking means the winner will be positioned to challenge divisional queen Angela Lee.
Kicking off the main card, former ONE Flyweight World Title challenger and current #3 contender Yuya Wakamatsu takes on fellow slugger Woo Sung Hoon in the fast-moving division with a spot in the upper echelon at stake.
Before those main card matchups, the six-bout lead card will cover all bases, with mixed martial arts, kickboxing, Muay Thai, and submission grappling.
Finally, iconic BJJ black belt Bianca Basilio will make her ONE debut in a submission grappling match against fellow newcomer Milena Kaori.
Main Card For ONE 163: Akimoto vs. Petchtanong
- Hiroki Akimoto vs. Petchtanong Petchferugs (ONE Bantamweight Kickboxing World Title)
- Roman Kryklia vs. Iraj Azizpour (ONE Heavyweight Kickboxing World Grand Prix Championship Final)
- Shinya Aoki vs. Saygid Izagakhmaev (MMA – lightweight)
- Yushin Okami vs. Aung La N Sang (MMA – middleweight)
- Itsuki Hirata vs. Ham Seo Hee (MMA – atomweight)
- Yuya Wakamatsu vs. Woo Sung Hoon (MMA – flyweight)
Lead Card For ONE 163: Akimoto vs. Petchtanong
- Kwon Won Il vs. Mark Abelardo (MMA – bantamweight)
- Ahmed Mujtaba vs. Abraao Amorim (MMA – lightweight)
- Asahi Shinagawa vs. Rui Botelho (Muay Thai – strawweight)
- Bruno Chaves vs. Ahmed Krnjic (kickboxing – heavyweight)
- Milena Kaori vs. Bianco Basilio (submission grappling – strawweight)
- Kirill Gorobets vs. Bruno Pucci (MMA – featherweight)