Petrosyan Vs. Superbon, Grand Prix Confirmed For ONE: FIRST STRIKE
The most stacked division in combat sports history will be under the spotlight on Friday, 15 October.
That evening, the world’s largest martial arts organization will hold ONE: FIRST STRIKE, and the best featherweight kickboxers will participate in the division’s inaugural World Title bout, as well as an exciting World Grand Prix.
In the main event, top-ranked contender Giorgio “The Doctor” Petrosyan will meet #2-ranked Superbon for the ONE Featherweight Kickboxing World Championship.
Petrosyan is widely considered the greatest pound-for-pound kickboxer on the planet – and for good reason.
The Armenian-Italian legend, who holds a 104-2-2 (2 NC) career record, has been phenomenal during his promotional run, winning six fights and the 2019 ONE Featherweight Kickboxing World Grand Prix Championship in the process.
Now, he will challenge for the inaugural ONE Featherweight Kickboxing World Title. To claim the gold, however, he must get past a difficult opponent in Superbon.
The Thai owns an impressive 111-34 professional record in the striking arts and most recently beat #4-ranked Sitthichai “Killer Kid” Sitsongpeenong via unanimous decision in their trilogy bout.
Superbon has wanted to fight “The Doctor” for a long time, and he’ll finally get his chance while vying for the richest prize in the sport.
Fans will also witness the quarterfinal round of the 2021 ONE Featherweight Kickboxing World Grand Prix.
In those four matchups, #3-ranked Marat Grigorian will battle Dutch legend Andy “Souwer Power” Souwer, Sitthichai will finally meet #5-ranked Tayfun “Turbine” Ozcan, 2019 Grand Prix runner-up Samy “AK47” Sana will face Chingiz Allazov, and German striker Enriko “The Hurricane” Kehl will collide with Georgian standout Davit Kiria.
In the co-main event of ONE: FIRST STRIKE, reigning ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Champion Rodtang “The Iron Man” Jitmuangnon will make his return to kickboxing and resume his quest for two-sport World Title glory.
The Thai megastar is scheduled to square off against Spain’s Daniel Puertas, a two-division ISKA World K-1 Champion who has the chance to break into ONE’s Athlete Rankings and hand Rodtang his first promotional loss.
And if that wasn’t enough, the lead card will feature a Muay Thai showdown between top-ranked bantamweight contenders, a highly anticipated heavyweight kickboxing clash, and a pair of World Grand Prix alternate bouts.
Take a look at the entire lineup below.
Main Card For ONE: FIRST STRIKE
- Giorgio Petrosyan vs. Superbon (ONE Featherweight Kickboxing World Title)
- Rodtang Jitmuangnon vs. Daniel Puertas (kickboxing – flyweight)
- Marat Grigorian vs. Andy Souwer (World Grand Prix quarterfinal)
- Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong vs. Tayfun Ozcan (World Grand Prix quarterfinal)
- Samy Sana vs. Chingiz Allazov (World Grand Prix quarterfinal)
- Enriko Kehl vs. Davit Kiria (World Grand Prix quarterfinal)
Lead Card For ONE: FIRST STRIKE
- Saemapetch Fairtex vs. Tawanchai PK.Saenchai Muaythaigym (Muay Thai – bantamweight)
- Rade Opacic vs. Patrick Schmid (kickboxing – heavyweight)
- Zhang Chunyu vs. Dovydas Rimkus (World Grand Prix alternate bout)
- Smokin’ Jo Nattawut vs. Yurik Davtyan (World Grand Prix alternate bout)
Read more: ONE: EMPOWER – Live Results And Highlights For Every Fight