There will be three new title belts awarded at ONE: CENTURY in two weeks time, and now fans all across the globe can get a quick glimpse at the hardware.
On Monday, 30 September, ONE Championship Chairman and CEO Chatri Sityodtong provided a first look at the ONE World Grand Prix Championship belt on his social media accounts.
This black leather belt features three silver plates each with the iconic ONE Championship logo in the center.
The alluring middle plate steals the show — it reads “World Grand Prix Champion” on the emblem, and it also has a crown at the top with seven red jewels.
In total, the belt weighs 26.4 pounds (or 12 kilograms), which makes it the heaviest belt in combat sports.
- Eddie Alvarez Injured, Christian Lee Faces Saygid Guseyn Arslanaliev At ONE: CENTURY
- Demetrious Johnson Plans To Show ‘His Best Performance’ Yet In Tokyo
- Giorgio Petrosyan Breaks Down Samy Sana Ahead Of Million-Dollar Clash
Three belts will be awarded during the promotion’s 100th event, ONE: CENTURY, which takes place at the Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Japan.
Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson faces Danny “The King” Kingad in the ONE Flyweight World Grand Prix Championship Final and Christian “The Warrior” Lee meets Saygid “Dagi” Guseyn Arslanaliev in the ONE Lightweight World Grand Prix Championship Final at ONE: CENTURY PART I on Sunday, 13 October (or for North American viewers, Saturday, 12 October).
Also, Giorgio “The Doctor” Petrosyan squares off against Samy “AK47” Sana in the ONE Featherweight Kickboxing World Grand Prix Championship Final at ONE: CENTURY PART II on 13 October. In addition to one of these gorgeous belts, the winner of this tournament will also receive a prize of US$1 million.
Read More: 3 Of The Most Popular Martial Arts In Japan
Tokyo | CENTURY | ONE Championship’s 100th Live Event | Tickets: Purchase here
- Watch PART I in USA on 12 October at 8pm EST and PART II on 13 October at 4am EST
- Watch PART I in India on 13 October at 5:30am IST and PART II at 1:30pm IST
- Watch PART I in Indonesia on 13 October at 7am WIB and PART II at 3pm WIB
- Watch PART I in Singapore on 13 October at 8am SGT and PART II at 4pm SGT
- Watch PART I in the Philippines on 13 October at 8am PHT and PART II at 4pm PHT
- Watch PART I in Japan on 13 October at 9am JST and PART II at 5pm JST
ONE: CENTURY is the biggest World Championship martial arts event in history with 28 World Champions featured across various martial arts. No organization has ever promoted two full-scale World Championship events on the same day.
The Home Of Martial Arts will break new ground as it brings multiple World Title bouts, a trio of World Grand Prix Championship Finals, and several World Champion versus World Champion matches to the famous Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Japan on 13 October.