Massive Card Announced For ONE Friday Fights 9 On March 17
ONE Friday Fights 9 will be the biggest installment yet of the promotion’s weekly offering at Lumpinee Boxing Stadium.
A huge World Championship rematch has already been announced for the main event spot on Friday, March 17, and now ONE Chairman and CEO Chatri Sityodtong has also confirmed the full supporting card.
Reigning two-sport ONE World Champion Regian Eersel and Thai knockout artist Sinsamut Klinmee will battle for the second time with the Dutch-Surinamese’s ONE Lightweight Muay Thai World Title on the line, but there’s so much more for the global fan base to look forward to when the action gets underway in Bangkok, Thailand.
An epic bantamweight Muay Thai matchup between Kulabdam Sor Jor Piek Uthai and Muangthai PK Saenchai serves as the co-main event, with both men coming off massive ONE Friday Fights victories in January.
Kulabdam took his second victory over Sangmanee PK Saenchai at ONE Friday Fights 2, merely a week after Muangthai had earned a hard-fought win over Mavlud Tupiev at the event series’ inaugural showcase.
Both men have captured Lumpinee Stadium Muay Thai World Titles in the past, so the local crowd will be excited to see them face off in a guaranteed barnburner.
Former two-division and two-sport ONE World Champion Sam-A Gaiyanghadao will make his illustrious return to the global stage at ONE Friday Fights 9, where he will meet ISKA and WBC Muay Thai World Champion Ryan Sheehan.
Once the king of the strawweight division, the legendary Sam-A looks to kickstart another run back to the top. Meanwhile, promotional newcomer Sheehan knows he has the chance to take a massive scalp in his first bout.
Preceding these blockbuster matchups, Nakrob Fairtex collides with Ploywittaya Chor Wimolsin in a flyweight Muay Thai tilt, and Chaongoh Jitmuangnon locks horns with Sulaiman Looksuan in a 132-pound catchweight encounter.
There are four more bouts in “the art of eight limbs” on the earlier portion of the card, including a pair of catchweight battles that feature recent ONE Friday Fights competitors and two flyweight clashes.
Four-time Muay Thai World Champion Seksan Or Kwanmuang will duke it out with Romania’s Silviu Vitez and Yodlekpet Or Atchariya – also a four-time Muay Thai World Champion – is scheduled to face Saman Ashouri of Iran, both at 140 pounds.
In the flyweight division, #3-ranked Muay Thai contender Panpayak Jitmuangnon meets Thai-Algerian Nabil Anane, but first, home favorite Black Panther goes toe-to-toe with #5-ranked kickboxing contender Tagir Khalilov.
Two MMA contests round off the bill with some established ONE Championship stars taking to the ring in Bangkok.
Take a look at the full lineup below.
ONE Friday Fights 9 Fight Card
- (c) Regian Eersel vs. Sinsamut Klinmee (ONE Lightweight Muay Thai World Title)
- Kulabdam Sor Jor Piek Uthai vs. Muangthai PK Saenchai (Muay Thai – bantamweight)
- Sam-A Gaiyanghadao vs. Ryan Sheehan (Muay Thai – strawweight)
- Nakrob Fairtex vs. Ploywittaya Chor Wimolsin (Muay Thai – flyweight)
- Chaongoh Jitmuangnon vs. Sulaiman Looksuan (Muay Thai – catchweight of 132 pounds)
- Seksan Or Kwanmuang vs. Silviu Vitez (Muay Thai – catchweight of 140 pounds)
- Panpayak Jitmuangnon vs. Nabil Anane (Muay Thai – flyweight)
- Yodlekpet Or Atchariya vs. Saman Ashouri (Muay Thai – catchweight of 140 pounds)
- Yoon Chang Min vs. Kirill Gorobets (MMA – catchweight of 159lbs)
- Tatsumitsu Wada vs. Ernesto Montilla (MMA – flyweight)
- Black Panther vs. Tagir Khalilov (Muay Thai – flyweight)