Rin Saroth Kicks Off ONE: PINNACLE OF POWER With Rousing TKO

On Saturday, 23 June, Rin Saroth put on a huge display of heart and skill to score a huge win. 

The 24-year-old Cambodian defeated Indonesia’s Mario Satya Wirawan via third-round TKO in the opening bout of ONE: PINNACLE OF POWER, which emanated from the Studio City Event Center in Macau.

Kun Khmer stylist Rin Saroth kicks off a historic night in Macau with a thrilling TKO win at 2:30 of the third round!

Kun Khmer stylist Rin Saroth kicks off a historic night in Macau with a thrilling TKO win at 2:30 of the third round!Watch the full event LIVE & FREE on the ONE Super App ???? | TV: Check local listings for global broadcast

Posted by ONE Championship on Saturday, June 23, 2018

Saroth leaned on his Kun Khmer expertise, and utilized his striking whenever an opportunity was presented.

In the opening seconds of the first round, he kept his Indonesian adversary at bay with a plethora of push kicks to the legs and stomach, but Wirawan ran through them with a left kick and right cross of his own. With Saroth in reach, the 28-year-old Indonesian secured a takedown.

Wirawan used this as a chance to display the vast wrestling improvements he made at Bali MMA. He controlled the Cambodian Top Team product, and picked his shots with punches and elbows. Although Saroth returned to his feet on a couple of occasions, the Indonesian planted him back on the canvas every time.

The Bali MMA representative continued to showcase his grappling in the second frame. He immediately took his rival to the floor, and patiently bided his time to advance his position and throw ground strikes.

Saroth, however, did a masterful job of controlling Wirawan’s posture, and brilliantly attacked with elbows from the bottom.

Following a brief medical timeout late in the stanza to check a possible injury to Wirawan, the action resumed, and the 24-year-old Cambodian continued to cause damage with his sharp elbows.

By the time the third round began, it was clear the strikes had taken its toll on the Indonesian.

Saroth threw punches, and even an overhand elbow, to start the frame. A tiring Wirawan tried to avoid the Kun Khmer specialist’s strikes, and went for a double-leg takedown.

The Cambodian widened his stance to prevent the takedown, and began to unload fierce punches and elbows to Wirawan’s head. Wirawan absorbed the blows, doing little to protect himself.

At this point, referee Kemp Cheng decided he had seen enough. He waved off the contest at the 2:30 mark of round three, and awarded the victory to the Phnom Penh, Cambodia resident.

Saroth gets his first win of 2018, and kicks off what could be a phenomenal evening for Cambodian Top Team. Now, he waits to see if his teammate, Sok Thy, will be successful in his ONE Super Series clash against Lerdsila Phuket Top Team on the main card.