ONE Hero Series August will see more of China’s top up-and-coming martial arts talent go to battle in Beijing for the chance to compete on the global stage.
In the eighth of 12 events this year, OHS will welcome a host of new talent to its ranks next Monday, 26 August for an 11-bout card featuring mixed martial arts, kickboxing, and Muay Thai match-ups.
That includes the young athletes in the main event – Xu Liu from Changsha Ruige Muay Thai Gym will face Rongdao Fight Club’s Liu Gui Cheng in a featherweight battle that will see a pair of experienced kickboxers aim to make a pronounced first impression.
The show will also feature some returning stars who have shone under the lights of ONE Championship’s platform for China’s rising stars.
Pan Jia Yun was one of the top performers in the first half of 2019. The 21-year-old from Zhongshan has increased his kickboxing record to 21-3 with two victories – one via TKO, and one via split decision.
The man from Xinghui Boji Club in Zhongshan will look to make it a hat trick of wins in the evening’s main event – a bantamweight contest against “The King of KO” Liu Wei from Shenzen’s Journey Of Fight Club
Among the five mixed martial arts bouts on the bill, one bout stands out as the most likely to deliver explosive action. When Luo Zhou Jiang Cuo meets “The Diamond” Li Hong Jiang, two proven featherweight finishers will meet in the ring.
Longyun MMA’s Luo is coming of a quick-fire, first-round submission of Xie Xiao Hong in April, while his rival from Ready Top Team let his strikes do the talking in May against Yi De Ri Gun to force a corner stoppage after four minutes.
- Xu Liu vs. Liu Gui Cheng (kickboxing – featherweight)
- Pan Jia Yun vs. Liu Wei (kickboxing – bantamweight)
- Luo Zhou Jiang Cuo vs. Li Hong Jiang (mixed martial arts – featherweight)
- Yang Hua vs. Zhang Tao (kickboxing – flyweight)
- Wang Mao Lun vs. Bian Ye (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Wang Hu vs. Yuan Yi (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
- Wang Jia Le vs. Huang Ding (Muay Thai – flyweight)
- Zhao Bo Shi vs. Liu Hai Yang (Muay Thai – flyweight)
- Meng Ketuogesi vs. Xie Xiao Hong (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
- Yan Zhi Yuan vs. Wen Yun Bin (mixed martial arts – flyweight)
- Liu Quan vs. Wei Zi Qin (kickboxing – flyweight)