Jamal Yusupov, David Branch Withdraw From ONE: FULL CIRCLE Fights
Jamal Yusupov and David Branch were slated to compete at ONE: FULL CIRCLE this coming Friday, 25 February, but the two veterans have been forced to withdraw from their respective matchups.
Yusupov, the #1-ranked contender, was scheduled to challenge ONE Featherweight Muay Thai World Champion Petchmorakot Petchyindee for the gold in one of the co-main events. Conversely, Branch was supposed to make his organizational debut against former ONE Middleweight World Title challenger Leandro Ataides in the lead card’s headlining bout.
Both men, however, were not medically cleared to compete, so they have been removed from the lineup. Due to these late-breaking developments, Petchmorakot and Ataides will not fight at ONE: FULL CIRCLE on Friday either.
Each athlete was looking forward to their contests at ONE: FULL CIRCLE, especially Yusupov, who told ONE Championship:
“It’s a goal I’ve been working toward for a long time. The last three years of my life were dedicated to this goal. Since I signed with ONE, I’ve been dreaming of winning the champion’s belt.”
Guto Inocente Debuts On Main Card, Welterweight MMA Stars To Headline Lead Card
Now, there will be a dozen fights contested at ONE: FULL CIRCLE. Moving up to the main card is the highly anticipated debut of heavyweight star Guto Inocente, who takes on Bruno Susano in a ONE Super Series kickboxing showdown.
Inocente owns a combined 38-10 record in Muay Thai and kickboxing, with 17 of those victories coming by way of knockout. The Brazilian is riding a two-bout winning streak, is a top heavyweight kickboxer, and from the looks of his Instagram account, appears ready for action.
Also, an MMA battle between knockout artists will headline the lead card, as former ONE Welterweight World Champion Zebaztian Kadestam welcomes Brazilian debutant Valmir Da Silva to the Circle.
Kadestam has 12 career victories, with 10 of them coming via knockout. But after losing his gold to Kiamrian Abbasov in October 2019, he dropped his next two contests against high-level grapplers.
Now, he faces Da Silva, who has eight career victories all coming by way of knockout. After announcing his signing to ONE Championship in December 2021, Da Silva wrote on his Instagram account:
“My city Manaus, family, friends, supporters, and future sponsors, I hope to be able to represent you all through my work, with all the effort, dedication, and affection. We’re coming guys, and let’s leave our mark.”
Main Card For ONE: FULL CIRCLE
- (c) Reinier de Ridder vs. Kiamrian Abbasov (ONE Middleweight World Title)
- (c) Roman Kryklia vs. Murat Aygun (ONE Light Heavyweight Kickboxing World Title)
- Aung La N Sang vs. Vitaly Bigdash (mixed martial arts – middleweight)
- Enriko Kehl vs. Tayfun Ozcan (kickboxing – featherweight)
- Guto Inocente vs. Bruno Susano (kickboxing – heavyweight)
- Fabricio Andrade vs. Jeremy Pacatiw (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
Lead Card for ONE: FULL CIRCLE
- Zebaztian Kadestam vs. Valmir Da Silva (mixed martial arts – welterweight)
- Chris Shaw vs. Vladimir Kuzmin (Muay Thai – bantamweight)
- Diandra Martin vs. Smilla Sundell (Muay Thai – 58-kilogram catchweight)
- Yuri Simoes vs. Daniyal Zainalov (mixed martial arts – middleweight)
- Jiduo Yibu vs. Daniel Puertas (kickboxing – flyweight)
- Rahul Raju vs. Drex Zamboanga (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
Read more: John Wayne Parr Draws Eduard Folayang For His Retirement Fight At ONE X