Full ONE Hero Series Card Announced For 27 May
It has been a busy few weeks in ONE Championship, but even after the run of three events in three weekends, martial arts fans will not have to wait long for their next fix of action.
This month’s edition of ONE Hero Series (OHS) will broadcast live from Beijing, China, next Monday, 27 May.
Once again, a selection of China’s brightest up-and-coming martial artists will go to battle across 11 bouts under mixed martial arts, kickboxing, and – for the first time in OHS – sanda rules.
There will be a host of new faces in action, but six athletes will return for their second OHS appearance.
They include Beijing’s Li Hong Lin (3-1). The 18-year-old opened his OHS account in February with a first-round victory via rear-naked choke, and a repeat performance against Kunming’s “The Son of the Yi” Sha Ni Du (7-4) could put him on the fast track toward the main roster in the world’s largest martial arts organization.
The author of one of the most spectacular knockouts in the all-Chinese events so far will also be back in action, as 20-year-old Li Yuan Kun (18-3) from Zhongshan aims to seal the 19th victory of his kickboxing career and his second in ONE’s developmental league against Zhang “The Villain” Tao (38-5) from Chengdu.
The full lineup for ONE Hero Series May match-ups is listed below.
- Feng Xing Li vs. Liu Ya Ning (ONE Super Series sanda – lightweight)
- Jia Ao Qi vs. Jiao Dao Bo (ONE Super Series sanda – lightweight)
- Li Shuai Hu vs. Meng Ketuogesi (mixed martial arts – flyweight)
- Chang Shuai vs. Sun Shu Wei (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
- Yi De Ri Gun vs. Li Hong Jiang (mixed martial arts – featherweight)
- Zhang Shuai vs. Zhang Meng Fei (ONE Super Series kickboxing – lightweight)
- Luo Chao vs. Zhang Wan Xin (ONE Super Series kickboxing – lightweight)
- Wang Zhen vs. Xiong Pi Ping (mixed martial arts – flyweight) won in Jan
- Zhang Ye vs. Shang Xi Feng (ONE Super Series kickboxing – lightweight)
- Li Hong Lin vs. Sha Ni Du (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Li Yuan Kun vs. Zhang Tao (ONE Super Series kickboxing – lightweight)