10-Bout Card Confirmed For ONE Hero Series On 22 July
More of China’s most talented rising stars will go to battle next Monday, 22 July as ONE Hero Series (OHS) returns to Beijing.
At OHS July, 20 athletes will compete across 10 bouts contested under mixed martial arts, kickboxing, and Muay Thai rules.
The event will see six new faces enter the ring for the first time as they try to impress ONE Championship matchmakers and earn a contract on the main roster, just like Li Zhe, who made his debut at ONE: MASTERS OF DESTINY last Friday, 12 July.
The newcomers will join 14 returning up-and-comers – some of whom could just be a win away from proving they are ready to take a step up in competition.
In the main event, two of the most seasoned competitors in the organization will meet under kickboxing rules in the bantamweight division as “The Zhongyuan Weapon” Lu Rui Lei (26-3) faces “The Anesthetist” Zhang Wan Xin (31-5).
Lu is coming off a decision victory against Luo Chao in April at featherweight, and another win for the 21-year-old from Beijing will move him one step closer to the big show. Zhang will return to OHS for the second time after his debut in May.
Beijing Ningguangyou Combat And Fitness Club’s Li is only 19, but he already has three bouts in OHS, and a pair of first-round finishes – a rear-naked choke of Cai Xiong Xiong in February, and a TKO of Sha Ni Du in May.
His 20-year-old rival from the Enbo Gedou gym in Sichuan also got the job done quickly in April when he forced Li Zhe to tap.
The full lineup for ONE Hero Series July is listed below.
- Lu Rui Lei vs. Zhang Wan Xin (ONE Super Series kickboxing – featherweight)
- Chang Shuai vs. Ding Meng (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
- Liu Meng Yu vs. Wang Jing Jia (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
- Luo Chao vs. Zhang Meng Fei (ONE Super Series kickboxing – featherweight)
- Li Hong Lin vs. Ze Ru (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Xiatihe Zhumatai vs. Fan Jiale (mixed martial arts – 63-kilogram catch weight)
- Hu Bin Qian vs. Zhang Shuai (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – bantamweight)
- Xia Ming Quan vs. Meng Ketuogesi (mixed martial arts – 65-kilogram catch weight)
- Yuan Hao vs. Huang Ding (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – flyweight)
- Wang Jian Hong vs. Sha Ni Du (mixed martial arts – strawweight)