Full Card Revealed For ONE Friday Fights 48 On January 19
After kicking off its 2024 events calendar with an explosive doubleheader, the world’s largest martial arts organization returns to the iconic Lumpinee Boxing Stadium once again with ONE Friday Fights 48.
With 10 exciting Muay Thai clashes lined up, as well as a pair of opening MMA battles, expect the epic action to come thick and fast when the Asia primetime event gets underway in Bangkok, Thailand, on Friday, January 19.
At the top of the bill, two-division Rajadamnern Stadium Muay Thai World Champion Kongthoranee Sor Sommai faces Russian juggernaut Sharif Mazoriev in a flyweight Muay Thai contest.
Kongthoranee’s run in ONE Championship has got off to a blistering start, as he finds himself on a six-bout winning streak. There’s no doubt he wants to continue building upon his tremendous momentum en route to a six-figure contract with the world’s largest martial arts organization.
With three KOs from his six successful outings, the Thai star owns some serious firepower. But Mazoriev can match him in those stakes.
The Russian has eight stoppages from his 14 career wins, and he knows he can skip the queue toward the top with a highlight-reel finish over his surging rival.
This battle between Kongthoranee’s technical striking and Mazoriev’s aggression is guaranteed to end the show in style, as the two men look for an important victory.
Another former Rajadamnern Stadium Muay Thai World Champion will be featured on the card, as Petsansab Sor Jaruwan makes his promotional debut against Aekkalak Sor Samarngarment in a 124-pound catchweight Muay Thai contest.
The pair have met twice before, with Petsansab claiming victory each time. But their forthcoming trilogy will be the first outing where both competitors don 4-ounce gloves over the course of three rounds.
Aekkalak has the advantage in that area after making his ONE debut last year, and that could bring him some extra confidence against an opponent who has bested him in their previous two encounters.
Sibsan is another sensation who has been virtually unstoppable since making his ONE Friday Fights debut last year, putting together four straight wins. However, with notable victories over the likes of Tyson Harrison and Mavlud Tupiev on his resume, Mardsing will be ready to smash his rival’s spotless promotional record to pieces.
Stylistically, Mardsing’s relentless boxing and low kicks will see him collide in the center of the ring with Sibsan’s knees and elbows, which should result in an explosive toe-to-toe battle for as long as it lasts.
Another athlete with a 4-0 ONE record is Teeyai PK Saenchai, who will take on Majid Karimi in a strawweight Muay Thai banger.
Teeyai has shown massive power and a creative output, but the big-punching Karimi will not take a backward step from his Thai adversary.
In the MMA bouts, Brazil’s Matheus Pereira will square off against Russia’s Khasan Khaliev in a lightweight tilt, and opening the show will be a strawweight matchup between fellow Russian Kara-Ool Changy and the Philippines’ Arsenio Balisacan.
Take a look at the full lineup for ONE Friday Fights 48 below.
Full Card For ONE Friday Fights 48
- Kongthoranee Sor Sommai vs. Sharif Mazoriev (Muay Thai – flyweight)
- Petsansab Sor Jaruwan vs. Aekkalak Sor Samarngarment (Muay Thai – 124-pound catchweight)
- Sibsan Nokkhao KorMor11 vs. Mardsing Khaolakmuaythai (Muay Thai – 138-pound catchweight)
- Sornsueknoi FA Group vs. Ngaopayak Adsanpatong (Muay Thai – 128-pound catchweight)
- Yodsingdam Keatkhamtorn vs. Songpandin Chor Kaewwiset (Muay Thai – strawweight)
- Petganya Sor Puangthong vs. Kwanjai KwanjaiMuaythaigym (Muay Thai – 120-pound catchweight)
- Gingsanglek Tor Laksong vs. Joachim Ouraghi (Muay Thai – flyweight)
- Mehrdad Khanzadeh vs. Pitchitchai PK Saenchai (Muay Thai – 122-pound catchweight)
- Teeyai PK Saenchai vs. Majid Karimi (Muay Thai – strawweight)
- Sulaiman Looksuanmuaythai vs. Kabilan Jelevan (Muay Thai – flyweight)
- Matheus Pereira vs. Khasan Khaliev (MMA – lightweight)
- Kara-Ool Changy vs. Arsenio Balisacan (MMA – strawweight)