The marquee attraction for ONE Championship fans at the two-day esports and martial arts event at Bellesalle Shibuya Garden, Shibuya City – the week before the biggest World Championship martial arts show in history – will be ONE Warrior Series 8: Japan Vs. The World on Saturday, 5 October.
Just like the previous events from the world’s largest martial arts organization’s home for rising stars, athletes from around the world will compete for a chance to earn a six-figure contract on the global stage.
In February, Morris scored a knockout in the second round to ruin his rival’s spotless professional record.
The rest of the card will have a different complexion than usual to mark the first OWS event outside of Singapore. Japanese athletes will feature in every other bout as they take on competitors from around the world.
The 24-year-old Filipino sports an immaculate 6-0 professional slate, which includes four wins in OWS.
The full lineup of OWS 8 bouts is listed below, and you can watch all the action live, or catch up with any bouts you have missed, via the ONE Super App.
- De’von Morris vs. Emmanuel Onyedikachi (mixed martial arts — welterweight)
- Ryoji Kudo vs. Jerry Olsim (mixed martial arts — featherweight)
- Ayaka Miyauchi vs. Sandra Godvik (Muay Thai — women’s atomweight)
- Kodai Murata vs. Min Jong Song (mixed martial arts — bantamweight)
- Koki Naito vs. Alex Schild (mixed martial arts — flyweight)
- Kazumasa Sugawara vs. Ali Motamed (mixed martial arts — featherweight)
- Hikaru Yoshino vs. Chan Samart (mixed martial arts — bantamweight)
- Satomi Takano vs. So Yul Kim (mixed martial arts — women’s atomweight)
- Takuya Nagata vs. Otgonbaatar Nergui (mixed martial arts — lightweight)
- Asuka Tsubaki vs. Long La (mixed martial arts — featherweight)
- Ryuichi Yamashita vs. Ahmed Faez Anuar (mixed martial arts — lightweight)
- Koki Shimokawa vs. Sean Rush (kickboxing — lightweight)
- Yuko Suzuki vs. Edilah Johany (mixed martial arts — women’s atomweight)
- Hiroyasu Sakurai vs. Shimamura Naoki (74-kilogram catch weight)
- Shoa Arii vs. Lehe (kickboxing — 55-kilogram catch weight)
- Kanta Motoyama vs. Cep Holick (kickboxing — strawweight)