Full Results For RUF 47: Road To ONE Heavyweight Tournament Finals
For the past year, RUF Nation had been running a 16-man tournament in an effort to discover the next great American heavyweight sensation. And now, after an explosive weekend of MMA action, that sensation is joining the ONE Championship roster.
This past Saturday, 14 May, the promotion hosted RUF 47: Road To ONE Heavyweight Tournament Finals at the Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona.
In the main event, Terrance “T-Bone” Jean-Jacques routed Tra’von “Wildman” Butler across all three scorecards to get a clear-cut unanimous decision. With the victory, he also earned a six-figure contract to compete in ONE Championship.
Jean-Jacques – a former NCAA All-American wrestler and WWE NXT recruit – utilized his cardio, boxing, and grappling to leave the Celebrity Theatre with the landmark win.
Following the match, ONE Championship Vice President Rich Franklin entered the cage to award “T-Bone” with his prizes.
In his post-fight interview, “T-Bone” said:
“Obviously, this isn’t the end of the road. I’m not at the top of the mountain, so I’m back to the grind, back to outworking everybody like I said before in my previous matchups. And you guys will see me again real soon. Let’s get it.”
Also, Marcus “Maniac” McGhee lived up to his moniker in the co-main event.
The MMA Lab product flashed his energetic style and crisp striking to overwhelm Hawaii’s Rodney Mondala, ultimately knocking him out with a massive overhand right just 58 seconds into the bout.
In total, there were eight highlight-reel finishes in both the pro fights on the main card and the amateur fights on the preliminary card. Additionally, six of them ended in the first round.
Take a look at the results below.
Main Card Results For RUF 47: Road To ONE Heavyweight Tournament Finals
- Terrance Jean-Jacques defeats Tra’von Butler via unanimous decision (Road To ONE Heavyweight Tournament Finals)
- Marcus McGhee defeats Rodney Mondala via knockout at 0:58 of round one (MMA – bantamweight)
- Mark Coates defeats Raphael Montini via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:37 of round one (MMA – bantamweight)
- Adam Ortiz defeats Talon Glasser via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:15 of round two (MMA – bantamweight)
- Jordan Burkholder defeats Humberto Duarte via unanimous decision (MMA – flyweight)
- Abdul Kamara defeats Ryan Mondala via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:11 of round one (MMA – bantamweight)
Preliminary Card Results For RUF 47: Road To ONE Heavyweight Tournament Finals
- O’Shay Jordan defeats Talal Yousufzai via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:14 of round two (MMA – heavyweight)
- Enrique Barcenas defeats Caleb Encinas via TKO at 1:39 of round one (MMA – lightweight)
- Patrick Baughman defeats Matthew Stanger via TKO at 0:45 of round one (MMA – light heavyweight)
- Devin Ray defeats Steve Hernandez via submission (rear-naked choke) at 0:28 of round one (MMA – featherweight)
- Anthony Rees defeats Brandon Elizondo via unanimous decision (MMA – catchweight of 130 pounds)