ONE Super Series has been further strengthened by an array of world-class signings who are ready to light up arenas, and thrill fans around the world.
A celebration of the world’s striking arts, ONE Super Series will feature the world’s biggest names in Muay Thai, kickboxing, karate, taekwondo, kung fu, wushu, sanda, silat, lethwei, and more.
“ONE Championship, the Home of Martial Arts, proudly brings to you the world’s best strikers, showcasing their talent and skill in ONE Super Series. Fans will witness the absolute elite in striking martial arts, as they go head-to-head on the biggest and most prestigious global stage of competition,” said Chatri Sityodtong, Chairman and CEO of ONE Championship.
“The major global combat sports organizations mostly focus on one type of martial art, be it boxing, kickboxing, mixed martial arts, or Muay Thai. ONE Championship is the only global player to encompass all styles of martial arts.”
The Latest Additions
There have been 15 new talents who have signed with ONE Super Series, all of whom have incredible credentials and come from all across the globe.
- Tukkatatong Petpayathai from Thailand — two-time Chanel 7 Stadium Champion
- Lerdsila from Thailand – multi-division Rajadamnern Stadium World Champion
- Panicos Yusuf from Cyprus – UK Muay Thai World Champion
- Stergus Mikkios from Greece – three-time Muay Thai Champion
- Chris “The African Warrior” Ngimbi from the Democratic Republic of Congo – two-time It’s Showtime 70MAX World Champion
- Cosmo “Good Boy” Alexandre from Brazil – WMC Intercontinental and WPMF World Champion
- Steve “The Smashing Machine” McKinnon from Australia – WBC Muay Thai Super Champion
- Daniel “The Rock” Dawson from Australia – World Muay Thai Association Welterweight Champion
- Enriko Kehl from Germany – 2014 K-1 World Max Championship Tournament Champion
- Sergio Wielzen from Suriname – Lion Fight Lightweight World Champion
- Tarik Khbabez from Morocco – 2014 Superkombat World Grand Prix Heavyweight Champion
- Ognjen Topic from Serbia – Lion Fight Lightweight World Champion
- Brad “Quake” Riddell from New Zealand – WKBF Middleweight World Champion
- Matthew “Sobek” Semper from the United States – WMC/ Channel7 King’s Birthday Event Winner
- Regian “The Immortal” Eersel – Lion Fight Welterweight World Champion
The Original Signees
In February, during the initial announcement of the ONE Super Series, Sityodtong announced an initial round of incredible talent who would compete in specially-arranged striking-only bouts, both in the ONE cage and traditional rings.
- “Smokin’” Jo Nattawut from Thailand – Lion Fight Super Welterweight World Champion
- Giorgio “The Doctor” Petroysan from Armenia – multi-time Muay Thai World Champion
- Nong-O Gaiyanghadao – four-time Lumpinee Stadium World Champion
- Fabio Pinca- multi-time Muay Thai World Champion
- Petchboonchu FA Group – most decorated Muay Thai competitor in sport’s history
- Yodsanklai Fairtex – three-time Lumpinee Stadium World Champion
- Sam-A Gaiyanghadao from Thailand – three-division Muay Thai World Champion
- Singtongnoi Por Telakun – Rajadamnern Fighter Of The Year
- Kwankhao Mor. Rattanabandit – Rajadamnern Stadium World Champion
- Yodcherry Sityodtong – multi-time Muay Thai World Champion
- Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke from Thailand – three-time Lumpinee Stadium World Champion
- Sagetdao “Deadly Star” Petpayathai from Thailand – four-time Lumpinee Stadium World Champion
- Alain “The Panther” Ngalani from Cameroon – four-time Muay Thai and Kickboxing Heavyweight World Champion
The Big Kick-Off in Manila
The ONE Super Series will kick off at ONE: HEROES OF HONOR on Friday, 20 April at the Mall of Asia Arena in Manila, Philippines, with a number of match-ups already confirmed for the event.
Italy’s 32-year-old striking superstar and multiple-time kickboxing world champion Giorgio “The Doctor” Petrosyan (85-2-2 kickboxing) will take on 25-year-old Thai “Smokin’” Jo Nattawut (60-11-2 kickboxing) at the event.
Also, French Muay Thai star and former WBC Muay Thai World Champion Fabio Pinca lines up against Thailand’s pound-for-pound Muay Thai great Nong-O Gaiyanghadao, who captured Muay Thai World Titles in five different weight classes and has four Lumpinee Stadium World Championships to his name.
Finally, there is a battle between former WKBF Middleweight World Champion Brad “Quake” Riddell of New Zealand and Dutch star Regian “The Immortal” Eersel. Riddell has a host of titles to his name across Muay Thai and K-1 kickboxing, while Eersel is a Lion Fight Welterweight Champion.
Despite their international roots, both men represent respected Thai gyms, with Riddell training out of the renowned Tiger Muay Thai camp in Phuket, while Eersel represents Sityodtong gym.
With such an array of striking talent on show, expect the ONE Super Series to add an exciting new dimension to ONE Championship’s events in the coming months.